Thursday 17 January 2013

1983: KRULL PRINT ADS

Here are two December 1983 print adverts (from - predictably - the EAGLE) plugging the virtues of the fantasy movie KRULL.

This was a film that no-one (including me) wanted to see.  In fact I've still never seen it (although I think a copy resides in my DVD collection somewhere, waiting to be unearthed) and I've never met anyone else who's seen it either (not that it's a question I often ask).

The second advert is the more interesting because it goes to the extra effort of telling potential punters exactly where they can see the film.  I wonder how many of these picture houses are still in business today.

The reproduction of the poster art isn't great, thanks to IPC's murky print quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...