Tuesday 11 July 2017

1975: MARVEL MOVIE PREMIERE: THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT ADAPTATION

From 1975: Marvel's adaptation of the Nazis, submarines and dinosaurs movie THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT, starring Doug McClure.

This dumb-but-fun 1975 update of the Edgar Rice Burroughs novel (two more movie adaptations followed... all are available on disc) was shot in the UK by Amicus Productions and released by AiP.

Thanks to what seemed like frequent outings on the BBC, this was a key part of my TV viewing when I was growing up.  So I was delighted to gett he chance to see it again.  It's not great... but it is great fun.

I hadn't been aware - until I found this copy - that Marvel New York had published a magazine tie-in.  This must rank amongst their earliest movie adaptations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...